With the Fourth of July just around the corner, it’s time for our third annual PAN Summer Reading List! You can view some old favorites here on our 2012 and 2013 lists, and here’s a look at what we’ll be reading-- whether beachside, poolside, or even on the T-- this summer.
- The Power of Habit by Pulitzer Prize–winning business reporter Charles Duhigg explains the science behind why habits exist and how they can be changed.
- Light My Fire is a much lighter read, but also written by a journalist-- Kristina Knight, a writer at Biz Report, who we work with regularly with many of our clients. We’re looking forward to reading her novel!
- The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America tells the true tale of two men behind the legendary 1893 World's Fair.
- Several of us are reading The Fault in Our Stars, the inspirational story narrated by a sixteen-year-old cancer patient named Hazel, which inspired the recent movie.
- The Telling Room provides a writer’s view into Spanish culture, betrayal, storytelling… and the world’s most delicious piece of cheese.
- I recently finished reading the Pulitzer Prize winning The Goldfinch, another popular title on many PAN bookshelves.
- Me Before You received rave reviews as a heartbreaking unlikely love story.
- One Fat Summer explores a boy’s terrifying and exhilarating summer vacation.
- If you’re looking for a thriller, check out The Target by best-selling author David Baldacci.
- Hillary Clinton’s latest book, Hard Choices, is also topping our lists, with an inside look at her four years as Secretary of State.
- Last but not least, Influence by expert Dr. Robert Cialdini explains the psychology of persuasion and how to apply that understanding to life and business.
We’re not just looking forward to beach reads this summer– we’ve also put together a list of some of the best books to help PR pros hone their skills. Stay tuned for more PR-related reads in an upcoming post.
But don’t take our word for it. Let us know what you’re reading this summer.