Sarah Alvarez - Senior Account Executive at the San Francisco Office
Tell us some fun facts about yourself:
- I took French for 12 years and lived in a small French town my last semester of college – my mom was very disappointed in me for not learning Spanish instead.
- I’m obsessed with blink-182 (I KNOW it’s not 1999 anymore, but…), I have seen them 15 times live, and treated myself to a blink-182 tattoo for my birthday this year.
- When I was younger, my friends and I threw Leonardo DiCaprio a birthday party complete with a Titanic puzzle, a cake with Leo’s face on it, and a movie marathon.
- I’ve stopped talking to people on dating apps for using the wrong your/you’re, its/it’s, or there/their/they’re. And called them out on their mistakes.
- My celebrity doppelgänger is Skrillex.
What made you go into PR?
I was originally a pre-nursing major, but realized it wasn’t for me after my first year. After bouncing around to a couple of other majors, I was home for Christmas and venting to my mom about not loving my major. As we went through my childhood room, I found a bunch of old journals and realized that I had been writing things down my whole life – it had always been my outlet. The next semester I enrolled in my first journalism class, and the rest was history!
What made you select PAN? Initial impressions so far?
I firmly believe the best recommendations on a place to work are through people you know and trust. My friend from college worked at PAN and recommended me, and it’s been a great decision. The people I work with now are smart, driven and a ton of fun to work with!
What do you do on weekends?
When I’m not looking for my next favorite cup of coffee…you can find me walking or running with my dog, by the pool, or eating with a glass of wine in my hand.
What are some of your favorite things?
I love playing with makeup (even if I’m not leaving the house), as much as I love staging Instagram photos I also love taking a break from screen time and diving into a really good book, and have I mentioned that I love blink-182?